How a rug can make your dining room look like a work of art
HOW A RUG CAN MAKE YOUR DINING LOOK LIKE A WORK OF ART:- Your dining room will look nice and presentable to guests only if it has the perfect rug positioned in the perfect place! Keeping this in mind, you want to find a rug that will bring color, texture, warmth, and style to your dining room. Consider this article to be the rug finding bible and listen carefully:
- Make sure that your rug is much bigger. The ideal rug for a dining room should have at least 24 inches of extra space on all sides of the dining table. This will allow guests to comfortably pull out chairs, and walk around the table. You want to pick a rug with a very wide border because it will make your room look bigger than it really is. You get the right measurements for your perfect rug by measuring the dimensions of your dining room and adding 24 inches to each dimension. You then mark that area out on the floor with tape.
- Pick a flat weave or short pile rug. You will end up with spills on your dining room rug, this cannot be avoided, and your guests will want to easily pull their chairs back, so you want to pick flat-weave, or short pile rugs, because both can easily hide stains from spills, and both allow people to easily slide chairs back. These types of rugs are also easy to clean and maintain, which is important because you want to have your best looking furniture, rugs, and carpet in the room guests will see the most – the dining room.
- Use the rug to set the tone and space for decorating the rest of the room. This is because you will probably buy the rug first. You want to use the lightest background color in the rug as the wallpaper color. You want to accent the room by buying furniture in the same color as the boldest hue in your rug.
- Buy a rug made out of easy to clean fabric. This means that you would want to choose a rug made out of pure and natural fibers – cotton and wool are good examples. You can use indoor stain resistant rugs because the fabric does not boll up or warp when scrubbed.
- Use carpet tiles. These are interlocking carpet squares which can be custom made according to your specifications. These are smart buys because you can easily replace a stained or damaged square without having to buy a new rug.
- Feel the rug for texture before you buy it because rugs made with natural fibers can have textures that are hard to judge by just looking at them. Very fine and smooth rugs are also very easy to clean, remember this when you go rug shopping.
- Make sure that your rug shape matches the shape of your room. For example, you want to buy a rectangular rug if your dining room is shaped like a rectangle. Because the rug will cover most of the room, this tactic will bring a sense of cleanliness and order to your dining room.
- Never use white or light colored rugs because they wear out faster, and show stains and spots faster, all of which are a real turn-off for guests.
- Make sure that your rug matches the colors and patterns of the rest of the furniture in your dining room, because this creates a sense of pattern, order, and symmetry which your guests will appreciate.
Now that you know the main reason why the rug creates the look for the most important room in the house, and you know how to position and buy that rug, it’s time to go out and buy that rug for your dining room. You can decorate your dining room according to the design and specifications of the rug as well!