Home design in Indian style!
India is known for its beautiful architecture and the beautiful designs of its older buildings. However few people realize that the typical Indian home also is designed to look as beautiful as the interior of the TajMahal. This article will illustrate some designs that are common in modern Indian homes.
- You can put different colored blankets, quilts, and pillows on a regular bed to make it look playful, colorful, and something that royalty would sleep on.
- You can add a white arch with the same design as the arches on the TajMahal to make any ordinary room look like a Maharaja’s quarters. Colorful and neat furniture only adds to this look.
- You can add a wooden divider with many squares on top of a wooden bookshelf as a fixture in a lobby to give it a more royal look. Your lobby will look like the lobby of a rich person if you do this.
- You can add throw pillows of different colors and sizes to ordinary benches to give them a playful and real personality with beautiful interior.
- You can also put colorful and neat mattresses on the benches to give them a pleasant and ‘lived in’ look.
- You can add a picture of scenes from the Mahabharata or the Bhagvad Gita to make even a plain room have real personality and life.
- You can add a modern looking dinner table with modern looking chairs and a colorful contemporary painting to your kitchen to make it look pretty and attractive, and a place where anyone would want to eat!
While these are simple and cost-effective tips, they show that anyone who has some imagination and even a small budget can decorate their home to look like those of Indian royalty!